Newbiggin Town Council Visioning Day
On the evening of 6th October the Town Councillors attended the first in a series of Visioning Days where we looked at the 2017 Town Plan in detail.
The purpose of this first Visioning session was to review the plan and discuss the importance of strategic planning in order to:
- Develop a shared vision (for Councillors, Officers and Residents),
- Establish clear, transparent aims,
- Provide unambiguous SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Timely) objectives,
- Ensure required resources are available, and
- Provide opportunity to reflect, measure performance, and review annually.
The members considered the aims and objectives within the plan, how they are being met, how improvements could be made to meeting them, and also making suggestions for new aims and objectives.
A further session will be held with the Councillors to discuss in more detail, and also a session to formulate plans for engaging with the community on any potential amendments to the plan.
The 2017 Town Plan is available on the following link.