The below timeline will detail significant events and milestones in the preparation of the Newbiggin by the Sea Neighbourhood Plan
More information is available at our community drop-in events:
Wednesday 27th March 2pm-7pm at St. Bartholomew’s Church Centre
Saturday 30th March 11am -3pm at St. Bartholomew’s Church Centre
Share your views with us via Neighbourhood Development Plan Questionnaire
Find out more via Consultation background paper
Newbiggin-by-the-Sea Town Council applied to Northumberland County Council to designate the civil parish of Newbiggin-by-the-Sea as a neighbourhood area, with the express purpose of preparing a neighbourhood development plan.
The application was approved by Northumberland County Council on 07 February 2018.
Details of this application and the decision can be found below:
Our town centre office is located at 76 Front Street. The office will be open to the public between 11:00 am and noon Monday to Friday.
- Consultation – Public Spaces Protection Order for the Control of Dogs
- Autumn Holiday Leisure Programme
- The links between Ashington, Newbiggin by the Sea and the Remscheid area of Germany go back to the early 1950’s
- Public’s view sought on rail line plans
- New Temporary mobile Post Office service to be introduced