Refurbishment of Attlee Park Agreed
At the May meeting of the Town Council Members agreed unanimously to accept a scheme by Kompan Ltd for the refurbishment of Attlee Play Area.
Quotations had been invited for a scheme to update and improve this popular coastal play area taking into account:
• the best positioning and sheltering from the elements of any play grade sand;
• replacement of remaining sand surfaces;
The works, which are due to take place in time for the summer season, will see:
- the re-positioning of sand area and installation of new diggers,
- the installation of new themed seesaw,
- the installation of a new pirate ship,
- the removal of 4 x springers and installation of 2 x new themed springers,
- the removal of sand safety surfacing and replacing with wet pour including groundwork.
Alan Thompson, Town Council Chairman, said ‘this is a very popular park for both our residents and visitors, my own grandchildren have very much enjoyed playing here over recent years. We are very fortunate to have a park with not only beautiful views of our bay but also an abundance of free car parking nearby. The refurbishment of the park can only ensure the pleasurable experience of visiting Newbiggin is enhanced.’
Paul Taylor of Area Manager for Kompan Scotland Ltd commented “KOMPAN are delighted to have been chosen to support Newbiggin Town Council again having recently helped with the refurbishment of Central Park. We work very hard to make all our equipment inclusive and have a very strong inclusion policy, it is great to be recognised for this.”