The whole community will be consulted throughout the plan process on matters affecting the future regeneration and sustainability of the town.
During the Autumn consultation concerning the following principles will be carried out:
- Principles of Separation of Settlements;
- Wildlife Corridor/linear open space along western boundary;
- Travel link – Woodhorn Bridge Roundabout – access to town and link for A189 spine road to Tyneside and A1 north and south;
- Regeneration of the town through endorsing employment & providing appropriate infrastructure and start-up units;
- Tourism – visitor growth to assist commercial sustainability & provide increased attractions;
- Housing Growth and improving choice to retain and attract families.
Link to Community Engagement Strategy