Play Areas to Remain Closed until further notice
The Government recently announced that play areas can re-open from 4th July however it is absolute that a Covid-19 risk assessment must be conducted prior to re-opening by operators.
We will be looking at assessing the risks and what, if any, measures we can put in place over the next couple of weeks. Our assessment and plans for re-opening should also be run by our insurance providers prior to re-opening.
This unfortunately means that until we can ensure it is safe and practical to do so, the Town Council owned play areas at Attlee Terrace, Central Park and Spital Burn will remain closed until further notice.
The Register of Play Inspectors International has given the following guidance for families that plan to visit any playground safely:
- If the playground facility you visit has not yet officially been opened, please do not attempt to use, or access the equipment or area.
- Do not remove any temporary barriers to the playground or plastic fencing or unravel any swing seats or cables that may have been secured to put them out of use – this must be done safely by the owner or operator of the facility.
- Follow the current social distance guidelines when visiting and encourage your children to do the same.
- If the playground is busy, consider coming back at a later time. Talk to your children about this possibility before visiting.
- Wash your and your children’s hands before and after visiting.
- Take hand sanitiser with you and consider taking a bottle of
water for if your children’s hands get covered in mud. Ensure your children are using hand sanitiser frequently
- Follow and adhere to all current government advice in addition to the above guidance.